Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > MD802 - Freezeup - No response from supp...
MD802 - Freezeup - No response from support???

2713 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2016-04-07 14:28:41

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    homers
    2016-03-26 01:59:44

Hi,

I've submitted an issue to support on my MD802 on February 28, 2016 and I have not received a response since.  I have provided updates asking if I will receive a response.  Is this typical of Autel?

My issue is, I had an 8GB SD card that came with the unit and discovered it was corrupted.  I wiped it, redownloaded everything, then made an image (with WinImage).  Everything works fine now (no thanks to Autel Support).  So the device works...  However, I've tried a 16GB card as a backup, downloaded all, etc...  I can run the application but I cannot record anything.  The instant I hit record, the unit locks up.  I've tried loading the 8GB image onto the 16GB card to lock the partition down to 8GB with no luck either.  I'm not sure if it's a speed issue with the card or what.  Has anyone else discovered this?

Again, no response from Autel so I thought I would try here.

Thanks! 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-03-26 08:16:38 (Reply to:homers)

Hello, may I know where did you submitted the ticket? Is it submitted to Autel US or Autel China?

Some 16G SD cards are not supported, like the card made in Taiwan.

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    LouCoassin

2016-03-27 19:18:48 (Reply to:homers)

Check the forums. The corrupted sd card problem was brought up by me before and you don't have to wipe the card to correct it. Also, the sd card problem has been brought up. Make sure it is the proper class card. I think a class 4 is what people said you need

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    homers
    2016-03-30 04:47:09 (Reply to:LouCoassin)

Hi,

I've submitted a ticket on pro.auteltech.com under "Your issue".  As far as I can tell, it's US?

LouCoassin, I'll check out your posts.  Once I completely formatted the 8GB SD card (I believe it's a Class 4 as well), re-downloaded everything, I've had no issues with that card.  I made an image with WinImage and I've successfully reloaded it with no issues...  of course to the version I initially imaged at.  As for the 16GB card, it's class 10.  I've reduced the size to 8GB purposely to try and mimic the factory card with no success.  My only other thought is, maybe it's the class 10 speed but I have difficulty believing that :).  The other thought that I had was not support SDHC for 16GB or so.  At this point I've repartitioned my 16GB back to 16GB and I'm simply using the 8GB card for now as it works fine.  My concern is if that card ever fails on me.  As far as the factory 8GB Class 4, it works 100% for now. 

While it was corrupted though, it was definitely very interesting.  Sometimes I could get into menus, sometimes I could record a few frames.  What made me determine it was corrupted was I tried doing an xcopy and it'd eventually fail saying unable to read file.  I can force xcopy to continue but that lead me to believe there's a file-system related issue. 

So I'm good on the 8GB, it'd be nice to get the 16GB.

Thank you both for the replies too.

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    LouCoassin

2016-04-02 01:41:34 (Reply to:homers)

From what I've read elsewhere, as long as it's a class 4 than the 16gb should work. And you can use the repair functions built into Windows explorer to correct a corrupt as card, which is what I did without reformatting

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    homers
    2016-04-02 14:48:46 (Reply to:LouCoassin)
     Thanks! I'll try a class 4. Odd that card that has a slower maximum read/write speed would impact it but I'm thinking it's more of a technology limit (i.e. something unique in a class 10 that the MD802 doesn't support).

I'm not a large fan of the Windows Repair utility... I work in IT as my main job and I've just seen it do some interesting things. For example, if it feels a file isn't linked properly in the file allocation table, it unlinks it. I've had to do recoveries through Linux systems with low-level tools to recover and such. In most cases it works fine, I just don't trust it haha. That's why I formatted the card, re-downloaded everything, then made an image of my card with WinImage. If the card gets corrupted again, I can restore it to factory without having to re-download everything from Autel (taking quite some time). I simply restore my WinImage, the card is back to where I started, then I can perform updates. I wouldn't be afraid of using the windows repair utility now to fix the disk but I have the image if I need to quickly get back up and running.  Just my thought :). 

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Bart

2016-04-07 14:28:41 (Reply to:homers)

Hi homers,

My originally supplied SanDisk 8Gb class 4 card was reported to be in need of repair by Windows 7 too. I did not do that either. I just copied all of its files, including hidden ones to my laptop. However when doing so Windows reported some problems with too long paths and filenames for the files in the Benz and Maybach directories. I found out that could be solved by copying them to a subdirectory in the root of the Laptop. After that I copied all files to a 16 GB class 10 SanDisk Ultra SDHC I card (30 MB/s) formatted with FAT32. It seems to be working fine. I have since then upgraded a lot of files on it and worked with it without any problems. I also saved some code readouts on it and printed them, all without any problems.

Total1 Pages